How to report unlicensed activity to the DBPR
- The state of Florida requires a license; you can confirm licenses at www.MyFloridaLicense.com.
- Non-licensed contractors performing work which requires a license can be reported to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation
Call the DBPR’s toll-free hotline 866-532-1440 or e-mail ULA@dbpr.state.fl.us (report is forwarded to local office / investigator). A list of regulation offices can be found at http://www.myfloridalicense.com/DBPR/division-of-regulation/contact-information/
Download the DBPR app to make reports quickly and easily.
There are four swimming pool contractor licenses. More detailed descriptions can be found here.
- Commercial pool/spa contractor: They can repair, build/install and service residential and commercial pools and spas.
- Residential pool/spa contractor: They can repair, build/install and service residential pools and spas (not commercial).
- Swimming pool/spa servicing contractor: They can repair and service (not build) commercial and residential pools and spas.
Residential pool/spa servicing specialty contractor: They can repair and service (not build) residential pools and spas (not commercial).